Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Chess...

I've played chess ever since I was a child, maybe 4 year old? It is a puzzle for me, just like genetic code. I was something of a prodigy. I even met Anatoly Karpov in 1975. He was a guest at our government run school. I was 17, and had a rating nearing 2000. He watched me play a game against a future woman grand master, kanny qin. He saw me sacrifice my queen in order to gain tempo and tactical advantage. Even though the game ended in a draw, mister karpov looked at me and said in perfect mandarin... 'well played.' I can tell you, my toes were tingling on that day!

That was one of the best days of my life, yes. I was so young. And much lighter. ha ha
Andy called me urlacker the other day. I thought he meant I 'lacked' something at first, but then mister colding told him to shut up and leave. I think urlacker is a football player. I am big, but I am not an urlacker. Andy is an... I can't write that word here.

mister colding says this sunday is the super football bowl. I get to see the urlacker, and the one that throws the football I like. I like the commercial where he says 'arm like rocket.' ha ha

http://ancestornovel.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dad use to play chess and go to tournaments every weekend. He loved it!