Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'm crying now...

Magnus came back for a visit.

He pulled me into a room and ordered me to play chess with him. He plays Andy every time he comes to visit us, but he never asked me to play.

I had him beat after five moves, and he didn't even know it. All I had to do was go through the motions.

But then I saw something that scared me so badly. He reached out for his queenside rook and I saw his forearm. It was covered with scars... and cuts that were only partially bandaged. I knew Magnus was scary, but this was crazy.

Then I looked in his eyes. I knew right then, if I won the game, he might kill me.

I ended it as quickly as possible. Andy was there, slapping Magnus on the shoulder and laughing at me. I bowed and hurried out of the room. I don't think I'll sleep much tonight.

http://ancestornovel.com

No comments: