Sunday, March 18, 2007

The dream again...

I can't take this nightmare anymore. Actually it is a daymare now (is that a word?). I see my panda, my favorite doll from my childhood, with parts from all of these other animals and dolls, all sewn together. I know I have created this thing, this creature with the alligator head. I feel the pinpricks in my dreams. I've awakened and seen my bloody fingers... PJ says I must have bitten my fingernails, but I know better.

But I see the doll now when I'm awake. I'm staring at it right now, in the corner. It mocks me. It watched our test today. No better than last time. All embryos dead within eleven minutes. Teyshawn suggested a change to how we create the outer membrane of the embyo. It might help us limit the number of chemical signals that escape from the inner lining of the embryo... what the god machine creates. If Tyshawn's suggestion works, it might get us closer...

PJ says that Bobby is coming for a visit soon. I hope he will bring me more samples of extinct or near-extinct creatures. I need more data. THAT is what I need most of all. Data will give us our Ancestor... and my dream monster will mock me no more.

http://ancestornovel.com

1 comment:

Cactusnic said...

Don't do it. You mad loon. Have some clozeril and sit quietly in a corner somewhere.